Wednesday, January 23, 2008

adventures in the culinary landscape

I think about food a great deal. I love making it and Papa and the Pup love eating it, so it all works well. The seasons are a good inspiration for food, what's fresh, what's in season, what will make you feel cozy? It's been cold here in Connecticut, some would say ridiculously so. When faced with cold temperatures, my mind immediately wanders to soup...making it, eating it, being warmed by it. I can't be the only one. So I figured, if I am going to make it, I might as well go all out. So I made pho. It made us very happy indeed (mostly because we didn't have to drive for more than an hour for soup, which we would totally do...we've done it before. We'll do it again, I am sure.).
And for dessert, banana cream pies--which Kelly noted would be a good summer time pie, but it's my favorite so perfectly suitable for today, tomorrow or next week. And it's pie. Today is National Pie Day, how could we not celebrate?
Clearly, one of us was really excited about Pie Day.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Your BCP looks even more delicious on your hip square plates, too!

The "M" Family said...

Looks very yummy...ESPECIALLY the banana cream pie!!!