Friday, October 9, 2009

like a whirlwind into october

Things have been a little crazy around here. Since we have more craziness coming up, I figured I should do an update now before things get too ridiculous.

First thing: at the end of September, I ran a 5K (I know some of you are more shocked than I am about this; but, it's true). It was my first 5K in 17 years. I did okay, I won't be winning any prizes anytime soon; but, I ran the whole thing, so that's something.

It was cold.
After my 5K race, we went to CGA for a football game (yes, it's that time of the year).
It was SP2.0's first football game. We arent' sure what his feelings are about the sport as of yet, we will let you know.

After that, we spent a ridiculous amount of time prepping our house for new windows.

They are supposed to be energy efficient.

Quite frankly, we will settle for anything that stops those charming New England drafts that have graced us for our last 5 winters here.

I guess you could say that we are really ready for the winter now.

There is a great mash-up of pictures in flickr.

2 comments:

The "M" Family said...

So proud of you, Nova! You look great. Did you guys install windows yourselves? Y'all are just way too crafty for me :)!

The Pampered Bride said...

Congrats on the race! That is awesome...I have not done a race in YEARS. Good job!!! You look great. The windows are nice too...should help your heating bills!