Monday, February 15, 2010

we do actually celebrate birthdays, really

So last month, Papa had a birthday. He isn't really into the whole, "hey, I was born X number of years ago, let's celebrate it!" But since I am, and the kids have recognized the obvious advantages in being celebratory about one's birth, we shove birthday cheer Papa's way once a year and he is forced to accept it.
He still won't actually choose a real cake though. I think cakes baked from boxed cake mixes from a baker who can produce so much awesomeness (ohai, I am really humble) is such a raw deal; but, he likes cakes from boxed mixes. I don't understand it, and a less secure baker would be hurt, I am just confused (and am really excited about the stellar cake I am certain Pup 1.0 is going to select, because when it comes to culinary selection, he does not dissapoint).
There were lots of presents. I like presents...so do the pups, which is why we got so many things. We tried to make them useful things, because Papa doesn't get so excited about kitchy uselessness (which would really make the whole gift-giving thing so much easier and funner, I think; but, I like a challenge).
It was fun to celebrate another year of life. Lots of photo fun in flickr!

1 comment:

The Pampered Bride said...

Happy Birthday Kelly! Don't worry you still are young and you look it too:-)