Thursday, October 30, 2008

we brake for sheep

In my head, I wrote this post and put it up last week. In reality, I, obviously, did no such thing. So in the spirit of chronological order, let's talk about our trip to Rhinebeck, New York, shall we? On the 17th, we headed to upstate New York to go to a fiber festival, because, you know, "we" are into that sort of thing. There was a lot of yarn and fiber to spin to make yarn.

We ate like kings (I am eating for two now, so I too ate like a king, my friends).
I could go on at great length about the irony of eating lamb at a sheep and wool festival, but I won't go there.

The Pup found the best part of the day involved riding on trains... (which I totally don't get, it has nothing to do with sheep, knitting, weaving or what have you, but there you are).

And he also experienced the joy of fried dough, or, as he calls it, "dough with snow."
More pictures in flickr (because that is totally unexpected). Tomorrow (and I totally mean it), I will post about Halloween, because doing so after the fact might be a little gauche and also, I am too lazy to catch things up after a flurry of expected activity in the coming days...

1 comment:

The "M" Family said...

love the fall colors! ok...eating lamb at a sheep festival? that is just mean, nova. weren't there other meats available other than the providers for your oodles of yarn--LOL.

hope you're feeling good...just a bit longer till he arrives! so exciting!

love you!