Thursday, October 2, 2008

we have spirit

Since we are looking forward to another weekend of CGA revelry and excitement, I figured I should hurry up and get this post up so as not to inundate the masses (um, the 5 of you who read this blog) with Coast Guard spirit.

Two weekends ago the Coast Guard Academy tried its very best to impress the parents who have entrusted that fine institution with the care, education and training of their children. I have to say, when you haven't gone through the machine, you probably find such machinations of granduer impressive.
I just like to people-watch. Papa likes to support the old alma mater, and the Pup, well, he is just facinated with cadets (I am pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that they are all in uniform and tend to have pretty shiny buttons and pins; but, what do I know?).

In any case, after getting the Pup a "regulation" haircut (it's short, isn't it? Papa=1, Mama=0), we started our day at CGA bright and early by attending drill. It was the Pup's second, so he found it less thrilling than the first time, but he had a lot of questions about the man in the skirt (or the cadet in the kilt playing the bagpipes, it was funny). Also, he really likes to do the hand salute.
Here he is with his sweetheart, L (one of many, heartbreaker) doing mutual hand salutes. It's nice to know that they respect each other.
There was a soccer game.

And then there was a football game. We lost, but we cheered on the Bears like it was our job (and I suppose for one of us, it sort of was in some way).

And then we went home because at least two of us needed naps.

Stay tuned, more Coast Guard spirit coming your way soon. It is, after all, that time of the year.
More pictures? You know where they are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As one of the 5, I'm impressed. Max and I were in Annapolis last weekend and visited the Naval Academy. Impressed and awed. And grateful to those who serve our county.

The "M" Family said...

I need another avenue to channel my insomnia during these wee hours. Having said (or rather typed) that, I like Anders' cut! Looks like he's not too far off from following his mama and daddy to the CGA!