Wednesday, February 25, 2009

ohai! we r n ur computr

Okay, it's been a month. I didn't feel as though there was anything interesting to report on our end; but, when people you work with tell you to update your family website, well, clearly something is wrong. So here are the things we have been up to since I last posted. Firstly, bonding.

We celebrated Papa Seals' birthday. It was low-key, just like he likes it.

There was cake. A very fancy one from Nick Malgieri's Perfect Cakes book.

We took a road trip to a Whole Foods in Glastonbury, CT, because there isn't one more local to us.

If we didn't have to use so much gas to get there, I would say it was rather green of us; but, no.

The first week of February saw me returning to work after my 2 month vacation maternity leave. I could have taken longer but we were already paying for daycare and I needed the structure that work provides...also, I missed the books.

There were a few snow storms in our neck of the woods. We watched the cars get covered with snow quite a bit.

We also went outside to play in it; or, at least, think about playing in it.

The littlest Seal Pup packed on the pounds and has quickly learned that he would be more successful in coaxing the 'rents with smiles and cooing rather than cries and screeching.
The change in his disposition (which was probably brought about due to a change in my diet...ice cream, how I miss you) has been an improvement for all parties concerned.

So, I suppose I will be doing more regular updates since starting this weekend, we will be doing some wandering...in style...but more on that later. Now, just focus on cuteness.

For the sake of more cuteness, I uploaded a ton of photographs in flickr, since the grandparents have been asking about them--oh, and for you too Angie.

5 comments:

knkseals said...

It's so fun to see what you've been up to. Dash and Maren must have gotten the family memo stating sleep is a good thing. I can't wait to meet the little guy...oh and see Anderson. The kids ask about him all the time. Camden is in love with Dash already since she knows he's little like Maren. Take care.

apea said...

Oh I love all the little Seals! Those boys are SO darling. A. is looking a little grown up. Miss you, miss you!

Anonymous said...

Wait, so all I have to do is ask for more pictures of cuteness and you put up a new blog entry!?!!? Adorable!

Anonymous said...

Great Fotos!! Apparently the sleep thing remains on the Sealest of the Seals side, becuase the Herin Seals side did not get that memo. We have a micro-napper. Fabulous site!! Love you guys! GA, Diek and Andreas.

Ashley and Henry said...

Oh what handsome little men you have! Dash is absolutely precious! We can't wait to meet them both!