Tuesday, March 17, 2009

on the road again

The real inaugural trip for our mini-van, aka Rocket, aka the Bus, aka the Mom-mobile was a trip to southern climes involving grandparents, a childhood friend and her kids and a mouse.

For the sake of sanity, I am breaking this into two posts. Our first destination was Suwanee, Georgia, because that is where my mom lives.
She was glad to see me and everything, but really, it was all about the pups.

She (my mom, aka Halmoni-grandmother in Korean) bought a house and it had a swing set in the back.

There were also rings, because every parent loves it when their kids expose themselves to hazardous playground equipment. Luckily, my mom's husband was on safety watch.

It was a big yard perfect for running around; or, playing golf with your Hadabogee (grandfather in Korean).

We also had a chance to meet up with a childhood friend I have always thought of as a sister.

It was great getting our kids together. It's like they were old friends.

We took them to the aquarium--the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta...I think it's the biggest in the the world? I have no idea, it was large. As you can imagine, there were fish.
The kids were very impressed with the marine life.

They had a ton of fun. There was great debate over whether the jellyfish swim up and down or down and up and in and out. Right. They were pretty much saying the same thing, but whatever.

It was a good family thing to do (SP2.0 is sleeping--out of the shot. You snooze, you lose in this family--also, this is, quite possibly, the cheesiest "cheese" face that SP1.0 has).

Then we said goodbye to my mom and packed up for more adventures further south.

The bits I left out: we drove two vehicles because we were taking my old Subaru to my dad. One of us got a speeding ticket in North Carolina...for speeding (guess who it was!). We stopped in Harrisburg, PA for 6 hours sleep on the way down.
More photos in flickr, naturally.

2 comments:

The "M" Family said...

Your mom looks great and so happy, Nova! I think it's funny that she has a swing set...the things halmoni's do for their grandkids. Hope to see you again...sooner than later!

The Pampered Bride said...

Wow what a neat vacation! The aquarium looks amazing.