Saturday, December 5, 2009

around the house

A great deal is made about spring cleaning; but, if I were being honest, I would have to say we do more household refurbishment in the fall than at any other time of year. And by refurbishment, I mean anything that improves the status of our home--and here I, indeed, do include such menial tasks as taking out the trash (it's the little things, really). We are busy people, or haven't you noticed?
There is the obvious neccessity of raking and bagging leaves (because, Ohai! We live in New England). There were only 28 bags this year (but there is at least two bags worth sitting in piles, so that's something (what, I have no idea).
And just to shake things up a little, we also painted a room in the house. It only took us 5 and a half years; but, we finally painted the master bedroom (and by we, I mean Papa, with light assist--that was not me).
There are probably some of you who are shocked about this, knowing how much Papa and I loathe home improvement projects that we have to undertake ourselves in general; but this time we had help.
Pretty soon, he is going to be doing it all himself.
Hopefully, he will still think it's fun at that point.

No comments: