Wednesday, December 21, 2011

conversations with santa

So here is a brief synopsis of our visit with Santa this year.
Santa with SP 2.0:
Santa:Have you been a good boy this year, young man?
SP 2.0: No.
Santa: Well, if you haven't been good, then why should you get presents?
SP 2.0: .... [insert maniacal laughter here]
Santa: Oh, well, what do you want for Christmas?
SP 2.0: I want presents. Lots of presents. And Christmas decorations, 'specially nutcrackers. I like nutcrackers. And presents.
Santa: OK, very well then.

And Santa's interaction with Pup, the Elder, after he clued all the other children in line about the Santa myth and how Santa is not really real, which was, as you can imagine, awesome.

SP 1.0: You're not any realler than last year; but, your beard is better this year.
Santa: What do you want for Christmas?
SP 1.0: My mom told me to tell you what I wanted, but I'm pretty sure she and Daddy already got everything. They have been hiding presents in the basement.
Santa: So what would you like for Christmas this year?
SP 1.0: More legos. A wallet. And more paper. I want the legos to be spaceship legos.
Santa: I will see what I can do. Have a Merry Christmas!
SP 1.0: Oh, I will!!
Even though SP 1.0 has been trying to explain to his brother that Santa isn't really real, SP 2.0 will maintain belief in any person, place, or thing, that will serve as a source for gift acquisition. If we have learned anything from all of this, it is this: Seal Pup the younger, his loyalties can be bought.

No comments: