Friday, September 7, 2007

flying solo in chicago

Last week I went to Chicago for an archivists' gathering.

I learned a great deal from exhibits (at the Columbia College, the Art Institute and the Field Museum--great places to go with family all) and conference sessions;


and, I had some fun looking at the sights.

I also spent some time with some archives friends.

They are crazy. We had a lot of fun taking pictures of each other and the fun Chicago stuff we saw.

I saw a lot of things that Anders would have liked to see (like Sue at the Field Museum)

And I (of course) wandered into some yarn shops
(there are a lot of yarn shops in Chicago, just sayin').



I was having fun; but it was nice to know that my boys were having fun adventures of their own.
The Papa Seal knows how to entertain the seal pup.


But, who wouldn't be entertained by the place of "so much sailing fun?"


But the pup entertains himself very well too.

Chicago was fun and all, but it's good to be home.

As always, more pictures on the flickr site.





1 comment:

The "M" Family said...

Looks like the kid had fun...and he's alive!!!