Monday, March 10, 2008

two many cooks in the kitchen

We are on vacation at the moment; but, I wanted to post this bit of fun. We recently had a snow day (and by recently I mean last month, but whatever). There was a time that snow days meant catching up on stuff at home (i.e. craftapalooza for me); but, these days it means finding new and creative ways to entertain a toddler who would rather be at school with his friends.

I am not one to go out and play in snow. It's pretty to look at from my window and everything, but I can't get involved in the whole being overly cold and miserable business. The seal pup doesn't much care for the snow either (but he will totally buckle under peer pressure and make snow angels with the best of them), it makes things wet and he is kind of a neat freak. Though he is really fond of his smashing Thomas the Tank Engine snow boots (Kelly hates them, I think they are a little obnoxious too; but what do we know?).
Anyhoo, snow day, home with a toddler, what do you do? Well, I don't know what you would do, but I turned on the food network (Anders and I love the food network) and pulled out some toy trains. These are the things that transpired. The Pup said "ceviche" and asked why the cook wasn't wearing an apron. There was much dialog (as there is likely to be with a toddler) and we concluded that, obviously, he needed his own apron (Anders, not the chef on tv).

And being at home on a snow day, I figured that I didn't have anything better to do than make him one. So I did.

And now he has become my sous chef (he is totally getting a chef jacket at some point, because seriously...he says ceviche!). To say that he is a fan of cooking doesn't even cover it, people. He loves it. And I have to say, it has made cooking even more fun.

If I am cooking in the kitchen, so is the pup.


The only problem I have with the Pup's new passion for cooking is that he doesn't particularly care for the way I organize my cook books.

It goes without saying, there are tons of pictures related to this post in flickr.

Talk to you when we get back from our spring break adventure (which involves no snow, by the way).

2 comments:

The "M" Family said...

You guys are just too funny! Wish I had known that the kid loves to cook...I would have totally found him a chef jacket AND had it monogrammed! Dru loves to be in the kitchen, but I think Anders might have him beat on cooking skills...

The Pampered Bride said...

How cute! I guess we have some new gift ideas for the cooks in the house...happy cooking and wish we could have been there to taste the tasty treat!