Thursday, September 18, 2008

i went to san francisco and i didn't get a t-shirt

(self-portrait in Japantown Center)
At the end of last month I took a solo trip to San Francisco to attend a conference for work. Classes had already started for the Papa Seal so he managed the homefront with the Seal Pup while I flew the coop. I missed my boys, but I have to honest, I had a really good time.

with knitblogging friends Risa and Rangsiwan


In addition to the whole professional development thing (which, admittedly was the purpose for said trip), I was able to meet up with knitbloggers that I have "known" for the last 2 years but I never really met (with the excpetion of 2 of them).

knitbloggers before the great Thai chowdown
I got a chance to hang out with my friend K who I saw in May and June, but whose company I never tire of.


taken after a REALLY good meal

I went to Chinatown with a colleague/library school friend, J, and we did a lot of shopping. (That's what Papa said when I came home and gave him receipts, "oh, you did a lot of shopping.") It was fun.

there are 3 bajillion shops like this one in a one mile stretch of road

Oh, and I ate.

lunch at Samovar Tea Lounge (right across the street from Imagiknit)

A lot.
pastry display at Tartine Bakery
With gusto, even.

ice cream consumption at Mitchell's

While I was gone, Papa and the Pup finished up their renovation project. They turned our old family room into a craft room.


Optimistically, I wish I could say it was done simply out of kindness; but, I think the real reason was that Papa Seal was tired of seeing all mechanations of craft spread out thoughout the house.


I sort of have a lot of stuff. Kind of.


Also, Papa Seal really wanted to try his hand at installing laminate flooring (the tile was kind of driving him nuts).


Obviously, the Pup helped too.


I won't question it, I now have a whole room dedicated to craft, all is right in the world.

And since I just realized that I failed to make mention of another project in development...um, here is a picture of Seal Pup 2.0. The Pup is very excited for you to know about his little brother, joining us in December (on the 2nd around 8:45 a.m. EST, to be more specific).

More San Francisco pics in the usual place.

3 comments:

The "M" Family said...

Glad you had a good time on a solo trip..what's that like? Your room looks GREAT, and SO DO YOU!!!

Melinda said...

Wow. The craft room. Just... I have no words.

And hey -- I know that library school friend! :)

The Pampered Bride said...

How sweet, that Papa Seal let you go solo on such a nice trip! Your own knit room, wow, that is impressive. So what are you knitting next?
Congrats on the next boy!!! Can't wait to see him, any names picked out yet?